Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Function 7 LCAs, Buddy club Racing Seat, ALL SMILES

Well a few quick updates.  I ordered a set of the Function 7 lower control arms during JHPUSA Black Friday sale.  I've always wanted a set of these, just never have pulled the trigger on em.  But now a set belongs to me, and will go on when I install the suspension.  Also, always remember to order new OEM Honda LCA and shock absorber bolts, because you'll probably break at least one.  A fresh set is never a bad idea though on these old chassis.



I also found a great deal on the Buddy Club racing seat.  IMO, there a few things necessary to have real fun at the circuit, and through my experience a race seat is one of them.  Being held in, instead of thinking about holding yourself in, is a big factor to your overall track day experience.  I've ridden with people who have race buckets, and it's a world of difference.  I've never had a bucket seat, but told myself this time will be different!

Nothing like getting new parts in!


Next, I will be getting a PCI seat slider mount to attach it to the chassis, once they have more in stock!


I also removed the bit of sound deadening by the spare tire well/back seats.


And finally, I got in contact with a car shop in Japan called ALL SMILES.  They sold me a set of original JAF decals.  I've always had a weird appreciation for these decals.  I just think they're cool.  So one will go on my rear hatch window shortly.  They're also working on getting me some Osaka/Kanjo merchandise from various Kanjo racers there, so hopefully that all goes through.  But for now, I'm All Smiles :)




No comments:

Post a Comment